Welcome!

Welcome to our Village to Village Ministries Blog site. We've designed this site for those who are interested in hearing the latest news about what the Lord is doing through Village to Village to reach some of the most remote places in India. India is the ripest harvest field on earth. While most evangelists work in the big cities with large crowds, Village to Village has been called to the small places where in many cases the people have never even heard of Jesus. More than 74% of the people in India live in its 600,000+ villages. M.K. Gandhi said, "The soul of India is in its villages." As you read the stories presented here from time to time, please pray for the poor, sick, and often forgotten people who need a savior. If God calls you to partner with us either in prayer or financially please let me know.

Bob Saffrin villagetovillage@msn.com

So they set out and went from village to village, preaching the gospel and healing people everywhere. (Luke 9:6)

Pray for India Video

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Miracle at the poo-shute

"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you. (Luke 10:19)

When the Lord sent out 35 teams of two to announce his coming he gave them protection against some pretty bad things that could happen to them. I haven’t been bit by a scorpion and so far the only cobra I’ve seen was headed in the other direction. I do, however, have a story of an amazing miracle that was a great encouragement to me this year. If you look at the picture, you see a section of open sewer. The sewer system in most of rural India is just a network of concrete trenches. One night as we made our way from the gospel festival meeting to our car, I was watching my granddaughter instead of where I was going. Yup, you guessed it. I fell in the poo-shute. My left leg hit the far side of the concrete trench scraping all the skin off my shin and then my bleeding leg was immersed up to my thigh in raw sewage. What’s that a recipe for? Instead of the first aid I should have attended to I just sat in the car for the hour and a half ride to the hotel. At the hotel, after praying that the Lord would protect me from whatever little microscopic monsters lurked in that sewage, I cleaned the leg as good as I could. I then emptied a tube of antibiotic ointment onto it and bandaged it air tight.

I didn’t look at the leg for two days. I did note that it didn’t hurt, not even a little. I didn’t think much about that but just assumed that no pain was a good sign. After two days I decided that I should take a look at it. If there was going to be a raging infection I thought that knowing about it earlier would be better than later. To my great surprise when I removed the bandage the leg was completely healed. There was no wound, not even a scab. It was completely healed. The only evidence that the wound had ever been there was the scar. The scar is there so I can brag on Jesus. Isn’t Jesus great! Don’t you just love Him!

Some of you may find yourselves in a poo-shute of your own today. Don't worry. Jesus is not running out of miracles.

By the way the Indian Church leadership says that falling in the open sewer now qualifies me to be a missionary. :)