Welcome!

Welcome to our Village to Village Ministries Blog site. We've designed this site for those who are interested in hearing the latest news about what the Lord is doing through Village to Village to reach some of the most remote places in India. India is the ripest harvest field on earth. While most evangelists work in the big cities with large crowds, Village to Village has been called to the small places where in many cases the people have never even heard of Jesus. More than 74% of the people in India live in its 600,000+ villages. M.K. Gandhi said, "The soul of India is in its villages." As you read the stories presented here from time to time, please pray for the poor, sick, and often forgotten people who need a savior. If God calls you to partner with us either in prayer or financially please let me know.

Bob Saffrin villagetovillage@msn.com

So they set out and went from village to village, preaching the gospel and healing people everywhere. (Luke 9:6)

Pray for India Video

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Back from India


On Feb 19th I got back from my eighth trip to India. It’s always good to be back, but I’m already missing the many friends we’ve made there over the years. We had a very productive time of ministry. We conducted ten nights of open air gospel meetings and reached 93 villages. In all, over 4300 decisions were made for Jesus the one true God. We also walked ten small villages to do one-on-one evangelism and to pray for the sick where 130 people made decisions to follow Jesus. One of the villages was in a remote area where not one person had seen a white man or heard of Jesus. We led eight people to Jesus in that village and one local pastor said he would go and pioneer a church in that place. PRAISE THE LORD! Pray for the many souls who received Jesus and that their new-found relationship with Jesus would grow. Also, pray for the local pastors who have the challenge of following up and discipling new believers.
--------------------------------
We were a team of four this year. Joining me on this trip was my daughter, Pastor Lori Moen; my granddaughter, Michaela Moen; and our friend and prayer warrior, Tammy Woolhouse. I saw the wonder of India for the first time all over again through the eyes of my daughter and my ten year old granddaughter. It doesn’t get any better than that! We also dedicated two fresh water bored wells on this trip and a new church building. There is a wonderful story surrounding the new church building, but I’ll save that for another blog entry. In fact, there are many stories of the great things God is doing. God is also working in me. India changes you. The economy of God doesn’t compute using human arithmetic.
I go to India to bring them Jesus and yet I come back with more Jesus than when I left. Go figure?? More coming………..